The archery team is open to all middle school and high school students. All equipment will be supplied by the school. New for this year are mandatory tryouts for all archers and will be held for both the Fall and Spring Varsity teams. Any archer that does not make the Varsity team will be placed on the JV Team.
- Tryouts for the fall are scheduled for Sept. 11th, Sept. 12th, Sept. 13th, Sept. 14th and Sept 15th. Tryouts times will be from 3 pm to 6 pm on the above dates.
- Each archer will be required to shoot a qualifying score on THREE different days of that week.
- Any archer that DID NOT shoot in a NASP program last year will be required to attend archery orientation from 3 pm to 5 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 5th, Wednesday, Sept. 6, Thursday, Sept. 7th and Friday, Sept. 8th before being allowed to shoot at tryouts. This time will be spent covering the rules and safety requirements as well as learning to shoot.
- All forms and information must be completed prior to the tryout dates.
- Any archer that fails to tryout and wants to join the team will be placed on the JV team.
- The spring team will be determined from another tryout in December and be based on the archers’ scores, attendance, attitude and availability during spring break.
- We will only select 30 members to the Middle School Varsity team and 30 members to the High School Varsity team, all others (60 max) will be placed on the JV teams.
- Teams will be announced at the Mandatory Player Meeting on Monday, Sept. 18th.
- All fall fees are due by Thursday, Sept. 28th. See below for fees.
Please fill out and submit the online Player Information Form, complete the Dragonfly Max forms and upload the Parent/Player Contract Signature page to Dragonfly Max prior to coming to tryouts.
- PLAYER INFORMATION FORM by clicking here.
- CMS Archers and Parent Contract by clicking here. Please scan or take a picture to the last page and upload it to your child’s forms in the Dragonfly Max app.
- Please create an account for at www.dragonflymax.com from a web browser, NOT the phone app. You will need to select ” Do my Forms” then select “I am a Parent”. You will then be asked to “Create Your Account” and then select “Signup for free”. The school code is p7ozkp. You will need to fill out the Consent for Athletic Participation, Travel and Medical Release Form, Concussion Information Form and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form. Once all your forms have been filled out, download the Dragonfly Max app from the app store.
Varsity Team Information:
All archers that make the Varsity teams must have shot three qualifying scores during tryouts. There will be a non-refundable $45 team fee for each season to cover the cost of purchasing and maintaining the equipment, along with shirts for the Archery Team members. The teams will practice after school on Mondays and Thursdays in the cafeteria from 3 pm to 6:00 pm. The Fall season will run from mid-September through December. The team will participate in 2 to 4 tournaments in the fall/winter. The spring team will be determined from another tryout in December and be based on the archers’ scores, attendance, attitude and availability during spring break. The Spring season will start in January and run through the middle of May. The season will consist of 1 to 3 tournaments each month until the end of March. The Spring season will conclude by competing in both the State Tournament in April and the National Tournament in Louisville, KY in May.
Junior Varsity Team Information:
Any archer that does not make the Fall or Spring teams or does not tryout will be placed on the JV team. There will be a non-refundable $25 team fee for each season to cover the cost of purchasing and maintaining the equipment, along with shirts for all the JV team members. We will only be able to select 60 members to the JV team due to limited space and time commitment. The JV team will practice on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month from 3 pm to 6:00 pm. The JV team will not participate in any tournaments. We may schedule 1 to 3 individual shoots against individual schools throughout the year.